Technology Literacy by Eighth Grade
We use The Maryland Technology Literacy Standards for Students as a guide to integrate technology into the essential curriculum. Students use a variety of programs including Microsoft Office programs such as Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Students also have access to websites that provide additional support for essential curriculum skills. Students work on a variety of technology projects with our computer lab facilitator, Mrs. Gaume, on a weekly basics.
The 2015-2016 school year marks the eighth year of teaching with SMART technology at C. Paul Barnhart Elementary. Both students and teachers are learning how powerful the use of a SMART board can be in the classroom.
Technology Links at Home
Internet4Classrooms: Grade Level Help for grades Pre-K to 8 in Language Arts, Math, Science, and Social Studies
Starfall: Comprehension and phonics for primary students
SuccessNet: Access on-line math book and support activities for grade 3-5
Ask your student for their log-in information.
Technology at Our Fingertips
- 256 laptops distributed in every classroom for students to access curriculum and instructional materials.
- 2 computer labs designed to provide computer literacy and CODE.org instruction to every student.
- 66 iPADs available to students to access interventions and instructional materials.
- Each classroom is equipped with a visualizer that projects manipulatives and materials from the table to the Smart Board making the content accessible to all students.
- Clicker Response Systems to encourage active participation and to conduct quick analysis of student learning.